Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Well, students arrive tomorrow...

And while I have many ideas floating around in my head...and on various papers in various piles on my desk, I officially have NO plans down! YIKES! Luckily I have my morning free (after speaker set up/tear down) to finally sit down & organize my thoughts, papers & desk! (Luckily I HAVE been keeping up on my twitter feeds & delicious account is organized. Now if I could only find time to follow the many wonderful blogs I have bookmarked...I know I should do RSS, but am afraid I will be overwhelmed)
Have been VERY busy the last 5 work days (meetings 2 days)...but mostly becoming familiar with and displaying the collection and doing things for others. Tomorrow I will be the furthest thing from teacher's minds (unless there are technology mishaps) so it will be my time to focus on what I need to do for STUDENTS. (I sure need a day to focus on MY files, too...)
My husband's school began reading the book, Teach to Your Strengths (Gallup) at their PLC last week & encouraged me to go buy it (so I could take the strength test...). I read the intro & the first 2 paragraphs of the first chapter & I am already fired up! It already reminded me what a great teacher I am. LOVE IT! Will share more as time progresses.
So the kiddos are in bed at a more reasonable time for an early wake up call tomorrow...wait, that's me, too...better go...night!

No comments:

Post a Comment